Make Spirits Merry & Bright With Red’s Winter Shandy
Tis’ the season for mistletoe, eggnog and making spirits merry and bright while celebrating what’s most important, gathering together with friends and family. Compliment the holiday season with great food and drinks and, of course, board games and puzzles. For those in need of inspiration or simply want a stiff drink, Red’s Beer Garden has a go-to cocktail recipe that’s easy to make at home and is filled with the holiday spirit. Below is a detailed recipe and instructions courtesy of owner Kristen “Red” Sumpter on how to make Red’s Winter Shandy.
Red’s Winter Shandy
- 1 oz Warm Orange Marmalade
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 2 oz Lemonade
- 12 oz Amber Ale – Recommend Eventide Brewing’s Red Headed Haley, Ironshield Brewing’s Half Cork’d Irish Red, New Belgium Brewing’s Fat Tire, and Highland Brewing’s Gaelic Ale.
- Pour the orange marmalade, bourbon, and lemonade in a mixing tin.
- Add ice, then shake until the mixture is cold.
- Pour into an old fashioned rocks glass that can hold 12 oz over fresh ice, and top off with beer.
- Stir gently.
- Twist the orange zest over the cocktail, add it and serve. – Makes 2 servings.
Nestled between Grant Park and East Atlanta, Red’s Beer Garden is the first of its kind in Benteen Park, Atlanta. Owned and operated by Kristen “Red” Sumpter and her husband Ed Sumpter, guests can step off the Southside BeltLine and grab a beer from around the world or from a brewery down the road. Boasting self-serve refrigerators with more than 300 beverages from beer and wine to ciders and hard seltzers along with brews on tap, Red’s also features a diverse selection of signature hot dogs, sandwiches and snacks. Devoted to supporting local businesses and the community, Red’s Beer Garden has become a go-to destination for Atlantans and visitors alike to create memories, cultivate friendships, and enjoy great food and drinks. Open safely and responsibly for outside dining in their expansive, dog-friendly beer garden and for to-go, Red’s Beer Garden is located at 1328 Boulevard SE, Atlanta, GA 30315. For more information, visit www.redsbeergarden.com or call 770-637-2299. Stay connected on Facebook and Instagram at @redsbeergarden.