Take the work out of Labor Day and let Dantanna’s Executive Chef Brad Parker ’steak’ care of your dinner plans with his easy-to-follow grilling tips that will make everyone feel like a head chef in their own kitchen. With tips on how to sear, season and sauté juicy, restaurant-worthy steak with abundant marbling cut from prime, well-fed beef, and fresh, flavorful asparagus, Chef Brad’s delectable recipe can guarantee everyone will be all up in your grill asking for more!
Grilling 101 With Dantanna’s Executive Chef Brad
Prime beef is produced from young, well-fed beef cattle. It has abundant marbling (the amount of fat interspersed with lean meat), and is generally sold in restaurants and hotels. Prime roasts and steaks are excellent for dry-heat cooking such as broiling, roasting or grilling. Only about 2% of beef is USDA PRIME.
1. Start with quality meat like Dantanna’s Prime steaks.
2. Let the steak warm up slightly. The meat relaxes and cooks more evenly.
3. Season well.
4. Place on hot grill. Leave it alone until you’re ready to turn it.
5. Turn it 90° to form diamond-shaped marks. Leave it alone until you’re ready to turn it again.
6. Turn it over. Leave it alone until you’re ready to turn it again.
7. Turn it 90° to form diamond-shaped marks. Leave it alone until you’re ready to remove it from the grill.
8. Let it rest. The juices are hot and need a chance to redistribute and not just flow out onto the plate.
1. Blanch asparagus in boiling water.
2. Place in ice water to cool quickly and lock in the color.
3. Sauté with butter, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Inspired by combining the names of founder David Clapp’s children, Dan and Anna, Dantanna’s is an owner-operated, independent business boasting 18 years of success. A favorite Atlanta dining and drinking staple, Dantanna’s is conveniently located in Buckhead at the Shops Around Lenox. Combining culinary excellence with the entertainment value of sports to create the ultimate restaurant experience, Dantanna’s Buckhead exudes the sophistication of a five-star restaurant and the entertainment of having a private box at your favorite game. Dantanna’s Buckhead is located at 3400 Around Lenox Rd NE #304, Atlanta, GA 30326. For more information or to make a reservation visit www.dantannas.com or call 404.760.8873. Stay connected on Twitter and Instagram at @dantannas.