Memorial Day marks the unofficial start of summer, which means grilling season has officially begun. Whether it’s a romantic dinner for two or a backyard barbecue of epic portions, there’s no better time than summer to celebrate the art of grilling. Have no fear, because the expert team at Dantanna’s has whipped up tips to make even aspiring grill masters look like pros. As their 20th anniversary approaches, this go-to Atlanta dining institution known for its surf and turf and love of sports, has an easy-to-make at home version of their signature dry rub perfect for cooking steak, chicken and pork.
Dantanna’s Dry Rub Recipe
4 Tablespoons four peppercorn blend
3 Tablespoons kosher salt
1 Tablespoon granulated garlic
1 Sprig fresh rosemary
Remove the rosemary leaves from the stems. Chop the leaves finely. Combine all ingredients
1. Start with quality meat like Dantanna’s Prime steaks. It should have abundant marbling (the amount of fat interspersed with lean meat). Prime roasts and steaks are excellent for dry-heat cooking such as broiling, roasting or grilling.
2. Let the steak warm up slightly. The meat relaxes and cooks more evenly.
3. Season well using Dantanna’s house made dry rub.
1. Place on hot grill. Leave it alone until you’re ready to turn it.
2. Turn it 90° to form diamond shaped marks. Leave it alone until you’re ready to turn it again.
3. Turn it over. Leave it alone until you’re ready to turn it again.
4. Turn it 90° to form diamond shaped marks. Leave it alone until you’re ready to remove it from the grill.
5. Let it rest. The juices are hot and need a chance to redistribute and not just flow out onto the plate.
6. Serve with your favorite side and enjoy!
Inspired by combining the names of founder David Clapp’s children, Dan and Anna, Dantanna’s is an owner operated, independent business featuring a dynamic menu that boasts the finest and freshest steaks, seafood, sandwiches, burgers, salads, and more. A favorite Atlanta dining and drinking staple since 2003, Dantanna’s offers friendly service, a dog-friendly patio and an impressive wine, beer, and cocktail selection and a premium cigar collection. A go-to for watching sports in an elevated environment, Dantanna’s is located at the Shops Around Lenox at 3400 Around Lenox Rd NE #304, Atlanta, GA 30326 and is safely open for dine-in, takeout and delivery. For more information or to make a reservation visit www.dantannas.com or call 404.760.8873. Stay connected on Twitter and Instagram at @dantannas.